From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: duPont Manual High School A view of the north side of duPont Manual's main building. Location 120 West Lee St,, Information School type Established 1892 School district Principal Larry Wooldridge Grades – Number of students Approx. 1,800 Student:teacher ratio 21:1 Campus size 17 acres (6.9 ha) Campus Color(s) and Mascot Team name Manual Crimsons Rival Newspaper The Crimson Record Information (502) 485-8241 Website DuPont Manual High School is a located in the neighborhood of,, and serving students in –. It is a part of the. DuPont Manual is recognized by the as a.
Boys knew that the Echophone EC-1A/B was designed and. Which is identical to EC-1B except its color and the. Produced high quality. Project Description. The Manual High School building was built in 1953. It replaced a school, built in 1894, that was destroyed by fire.

Manual opened in 1892 as an all-male school. It was the second public high school in Louisville. Manual merged with its rival,, into a consolidated school from 1915 to 1919. Manual permanently merged with the Louisville Girls High School in 1950 and moved into their style three story building, built in 1934. In 2004, after conducting a poll, Louisville's newspaper listed Manual as one of Louisville residents' ten favorite buildings.
As a school, Manual experienced a decline in discipline and test scores in the 1970s. In 1984, Manual became a, allowing students from throughout the district to apply to five specialized programs of study, or magnets. Manual and Male High School have the oldest rivalry in the state, dating back to 1893. Manual's football team has won five state titles and claims two national championships. In the 1980s and 1990s Manual became a prominent academic school and has been included several times in lists of America's top high schools in and magazines. Advertisements duPont Manual Training High School In 1892, Louisville factory owner donated $150,000 to the board of Louisville Public Schools to establish a training school to teach young men ('manual') skills that would fit them for their duties in life. The building was built on the corner of Brook and Oak Streets by the firm of Clark and Loomis, which also designed the and.
Winoptimizer 2010 Advanced Serial Data. After Manual moved out of the building it was used as a Middle School until 1974 when it was converted to apartments. Manual's first principal, Henry Kleinschmid, was a favorite of du Pont but was unpopular with the school board, which conspired to replace him in 1895.
Despite a summer of controversy and protest from the du Pont family, Manual's first two graduating classes and the four major local newspapers, the board replaced him with Harry Brownell on July 2. The original school building in 2009, after conversion to apartments Manual was initially a three-year school with some general academic classes and an emphasis on mechanical and industrial training. Although graduates recall the school being viewed as blue-collar and academically inferior to in its early days, numerous early graduates went on to become medical doctors, and students published a literary magazine called The Crimson from 1899 to 1955. In order to accommodate newly added and classes, Manual was expanded to a four-year school in 1901.
In 1911, Manual became the first school in Kentucky to serve lunches to students. In 1913, Louisville Public Schools announced a plan to merge Manual and its rival Male High School into Louisville Boys High so that the two schools could share a new $300,000 facility. The plan took effect in 1915.
Industrial training classes continued at the old Manual building. Parents objected to their children having to travel between the two buildings and the consolidation did not save the school board any money, so they voted to end the experiment in 1919. The new building became Male's home for the next 70 years and Manual returned to its old building at Brook and Oak.
In 1923 an expansion added new laboratories, a cafeteria, and the largest gym ever built in Louisville at the time. The addition eventually burned and had to be destroyed in 1991. Manual's enrollment numbers, which had hovered around 400 since the 1890s, soared from 429 in 1919 to 1,039 in 1925.